My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.handmadebyodette.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Baby Carriage Tutorial

Okay girls, as promised, here is the tutorial of the Baby Carriage card. It's my first tutorial so I will try to make it as clear as I can ... and please be nice when commenting :)
Step #1 :

First, take a piece of 11 x 8 1/2 cardstock and fold it over like you would a regular card. Make a die cut with Sizzix die, or you can also use your largest nestability. Please don't cut the complete circle. We want a small flat spot on the edge of the circle so that your card will stay attached and you will be able to open it.

Step #2 :

Okay, now let's cut the patterned paper that will be at the top of the cardstock. For this I used largest nestability circle die. After cutting the circle, emboss it.
Step #3:

Place the previously cut patterned paper on top of the cardstock and glue it. Then draw a triangle on your piece of circle patterned paper and cut it out using the straight edge scissors.

Step #4:

Cut out 4 cardstock circles using your 1 inches circle punch.

Now, cut out a tag using your punch on a piece of cardstock. I cut mine using some paper scraps that were left over when cutting out my card base.
We will also need ribbon and buttons.











Step #5:

Center your buttons and adhere them to the small circle with glue dot. Now, add adhesive to the four wheels, we need the four wheels so that you can stand your card up, and add it to the body of the carriage. Then put glue dot to the embroider and adhere it. Make a bow and put it in the center. Finally, write a sentiment to the tag and put it at the end.
And here is my finished baby carriage card.

I would LOVE to see your cards. If you make one, please post a comment so I can check it out!

13 comments:

Dizzie Noodle said...

Ooooo... I love it! Thanks for the tutorial. You make it sound so easy. :)

-Michelle

Dottie K. said...

So beautiful. Thanks for the great tutorial. Dottie K. :)

Elaine said...

Thank you so much!!

JAY ROSA said...

Odette...muchas gracias por tus lindos comentarios y tu visita a mi blog. Tus obras de arte son bellisimas, eres una chica muy talentosa.

NURY VALDEZ said...

Congratulations, Odette!!! I love your tutorial! Thanks for sharing it with us.
- Nury Valdez

Erika said...

YAY! Thanks for the tutorial!! I LOVE this!

Vladuška said...

Hello Odette. I just couldn't help myself:-) I have to make one by myself when I saw your girl baby carriage. And now you did one more for a boy. I really hope that you will look my card. I just love your blog, because it is so inspiring and every time when I admire your work I want to sit down at my desk and start something by myself.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic, thanks for the tutorial!!

Angie Debord said...

Odette, muy bueno tu tutorial, no puedo esperarpara tratarlo...continua haciendo muchos mas

marilyn said...

thanks for sharing your tutorial... the card is just adorable.

Eileen Saunders said...

This has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen!Excellent tutorial - you must be a teacher, am I right?!

Eileen

Jeanne said...

This is just the cutiest card. Thank you for sharing with the tutorial. I plan to make several for upcoming baby showers.Love your creations! Keep em comin!

PaperTree Designs said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial. Its adorable! Just an idea..hope this is ok to comment Odette...for those who dont have circle nestabilities you could trace around something circular like I did here..

http://papertreedesign.blogspot.com/2009/07/disco-diva-at-ball.html
Hugs
Deb
x